SXT Health CIC is a social enterprise with a mission to improve access to sexual & reproductive health services. It was formed to meet the needs of clients, providers and commissioners and its goal is to optimise the relationship between capacity and demand.
www.sxt.org.uk is a mobile enabled website which guides clients to the right service in the right place at the right time. Providers simply control their details within the database and www.sxt.org.uk translates this for clients so that they can act upon accurate information. Commissioners are provided with a real-time gap analysis to support their development of the service.
The providers on www.sxt.org.uk have come from two main sources:
1. Providers signing up to www.sxt.org.uk and adding their services (n>300) [SXT verified]
2. Uploaded from other online databases (n>2000) - these services can be claimed by the provider
The provider has the ability to edit all the information about their service to ensure that they are accurately represented on www.sxt.org.uk. As soon as changes are made they are live for clients to see. All the information provided to clients is sourced from NHS Choices, the Family Planning Association and other reputable sources.
www.sxt.org.uk is as good as the data it holds and providers are encouraged to claim a service or register for free today to support the SXT mission
The key events on the timelines have been:
- The idea was conceived and the community interest company was formed 2009
- The website & SMS engine started in January 2011
- A client facing mobile friendly version of www.sxt.org.uk was released August 2013
- The slide out feedback form was introduced at this time too (8.5% of clients who chose a single service give feedback and 81% give a score that is eight or more out of ten)
- A login for commissioners was developed in October 2014
- Providers were given access to a mobile friendly version of www.sxt.org.uk in February 2015
To date SXT has been funded by the generous grants from:
- UnLtd / 4iP in July 2009
- Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity in August 2010 & 2013
In November 2014 Big Issue Invest awarded SXT a corporate social venturing loan to build up the service.
The business model of SXT is to deliver digital public health marketing packages to raise awareness and improve access to services.
All money raised by the community interest company will be used to pay for its services and any surplus reinvested into the SXT mission.
If you are a provider and would like to support SXT’s mission please visit www.sxt.org.uk or watch this 1 minute video on how to join.